As a member of the club, you are expected to abide by the following code.
I will –
- Arrive for training and competition in good time to prepare properly;
- Wear suitable kit (including a helmet) and clothing for all cycling activity sessions, as agreed with the coach;
- Warm up and cool down properly on all occasions;
- Play within the rules and respect officials and all their decisions;
- Be a good sport by applauding all good performances, whether they are made by my club or the opposition;
- Control my temper – verbal abuse of officials and other riders, or deliberately distracting/ provoking an opponent is not acceptable or permitted behaviour in any sport;
- Work equally hard for myself and my club – remember, the club’s performance will benefit, and so will I;
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of their gender, ability, disability, cultural background or religion;
- Pay any fees promptly;
- Abide by the rule that junior members are not allowed to smoke on club premises or while representing the club at competitions;
- Abide by the rule that junior members are not allowed to consume alcohol or drugs of any kind on club premises or while representing the club;
- Treat all participants in cycling as I would like to be treated – not bullying or taking unfair advantage of another participant;
- Cooperate with my coach, club mates and opponents – remember, without them there would be no competition;
- Thank officials and opponents after competition.